Thursday, October 28, 2010

I just realized that i forgotten my weekly blog post.............

I was doing HW from my tutor and came across my favorite story
Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut
at some point of your life you have read this....
the last three line is the line that i realize it was the story
"Gee-I could tell that one was doozy," said Hazel
"You could say that again," said George.
"Gee-"said Hazel, "I could tell that one was doozy."
does these line ring any bell??
I love this story and i felt the connection between Harrison Bergeron and me.
I did not die  but i did die internally.
The pressure to become what i have been told by majority of people to do..........

4 comments:

  1. well, you shouldnt feel pressure that badly even though it's not recommended, but maybe a lil curiosity to check it outt? :]
    being spiritually dead is horrible. you cant find meaning in life when you search for it, and you start to wonder why you are alive. but i KNOW God has a purpose for me on earth here, and i know for sure he loves me and will give the best for me. all it takes is faith to see. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrinivas this is far off what you can think i believe
    Anglea there is other ways to find reason to live Religion, in my view, is just another excuse(no offence here)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very interesting connection. Harrison Bergeron's world is dictated by people who believe in "the greater good", something that blinds many and infuriates even more. But christians don't proclaim the Word and preach because THEY think it's right. They do it because they know that GOD wants it done. Now, I'm not saying God wants to torture us all into a misconception of normalcy or anything like that. It's all a matter of attitude.

    ReplyDelete